POLKA DOTS

POLKA DOTS
Life has been good. Been a while I posted something. Consistency is something I need to work on. I have been busy with school and it's been great so far. Breaking rules lately, I am beginning to embrace my new self and school environment. I traveled to the accient city of Ilorin (NIGERIA), Ilorin is quiet and peaceful no much activity but cool. This post is not about my little Ilorin adventure. I want to talk about polka dots. Why polka dots? Well I just had this crazy idea of comparing our way of life with prints, I know it's funny but seriously if you really look at it you will see some connection LOL.
         Polka dots come in different forms some are big, some medium and small. How is this applicable? Can we mix polka dots with stripes or polka dots itself? Today's society says we can, but Flower girl says you can't. Why? Simple polka dots and polka dots yes but polka dots and stripes NO I REPEAT NO. Reason for the first YES. Why polka dot? Polka dot is a way of life despite everything that's going on around you, you still survive and make a difference. Polka dots on Polka dots means people who are in the same circle with you, peers who are on the same boat with you. They compliment your goals, they don't condemn, they support, influence in all the right ways possible. They know what's up. You know it took me time to find the right polka dots that goes with mine. It was difficult, I was always mixing it wrongly, was always getting into trouble, messing things up. I knew it was time to change but I was in denial, what will they say? How will they treat me? They will call me names, make fun of me. I kept lying to myself and I paid dearly for it trust me. Now things are good, cut them off, stopped wearing em and I went shopping and I found the right polka dots. We have a lot of years ahead of us and a lot of opportunities, why limit it to some bull shit that some humans feel is the right way. If you don't agree with it don't deny make it plain. There are so many people out there who are ready to roll with you. So sweetie there are polka dots that compliment yours.
          Those who make rules for you to follow and if you don't you are low or shabby those people are called stripes and stripes won't and you can't make em your fav print for you polka dots. People don't determine who we are or the society. The society is just a vertical and horizontal stripe that don't care about your inner goddess but it's how you blend your prints that makes the society notice you for who you are. I have allowed people determine who i am, I allowed there opinions get to me and it did me no good, no good whatsoever honey. Now I am doing me and I was shocked to see people who dig me and get me so well and I was like where have you been all my life.
           Bottom line don't let stripes determine you. Don't even think of mixing it. Go for the polka dots that compliment yours. If you are big be big if you are medium be better, if you are small you can be better and awesome. I have been on this post for days. I nailed it right LOL.
                       Stay fly peaches.

Popular posts from this blog

THAT LITTLE BLACK DRESS (PERSONAL POST)

THE 7 "MUST HAVE JEANS" (FRIENDS)

NEVER TOO OLD FOR CAPRI SONNE