RIPPED JEAN AND THE HOLY BIBLE



Hello owls! Today I want to talk about God and songs we listen to.
The world is changing and things are happening so fast. Things that matter before don't matter now, things that were seen as bad are now good, so how do we balance everything going on around us and our spiritual life?
Personally it's difficult. I want to know the latest trend, I want to stay trendy, enjoy my youthful days like what I see on my instagram and Twitter(really Debs?) and also love God and keep his commandments. I watched a video on youtube (chelsey Mariaa, you guys really need to watch her videos she is amazing)she talked about loving God and trap music (bad combo) superior impossible. She made reference to James chapter 4 verse 4(James 4:4)
"SO YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT FAITHFUL TO GOD! YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT LOVING THE WORLD IS THE SAME AS HATING GOD. SO IF A PERSON WANTS TO BE A PART OF THE WORLD, THEN HE MAKES HIMSELF GOD'S ENEMY"
She said you can't love God and trap music. They harm your spirit. I totally agree with her, as a young Christian a lot of things seems impossible to stop but it is possible I know for sure. What does social media preach fornication is not a bad thing, stealing, drugs, drinking, dressing half naked, smoking and all of that are okay, makes you superior makes you a king, the type of songs we listen to promotes that a lot. They don't edify God they edify your flesh (they edify the devil) (Read James4 again).
There are a lot of gospel songs that are awesome in all ways is it rap, hip hop, pop, reggae, RnB, country you name it gospel music covers it all. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of good songs out there that don't promote sin. I want to be a Christian in private and in public. I want to wear my ripped jeans not because the world says yes but because I want to look good, I want to wear a decent short and a tee shirt and still carry Bible because I can, but I can't love God or allow the holy spirit fill me if I entertain what the world says is right. They eat up your flesh and the devil who roams like a hungry lion attacks (quote from the video I watched)"WHEN OUR SPIRITUAL MAN IS WEAK AND OUR FLESH IS OUT PARTYING THAT'S WHEN THE DEVIL ATTACKS" So owls, for me I know I can stay trendy and holy, if I abstain from unholy things. So away with all my trap music, filling my playlist with gospel songs.
P.S always a king














Popular posts from this blog

THAT LITTLE BLACK DRESS (PERSONAL POST)

THE 7 "MUST HAVE JEANS" (FRIENDS)

NEVER TOO OLD FOR CAPRI SONNE